Monday, November 11, 2013

Horsies and Kitties Jumpers




Horsey and Kitty Jumpers



Horsies galloping across the skirt
Lily had a horse-themed birthday party last year.  Eventually I had the vision to make over a vintage dress into a jumper with horses galloping across it.  













I used Butterick 3762 (the same pattern I used for the flowergirl dresses) and lined it with a blue and white striped fabric from my stash.   

 
Kitty jumper










Not to leave Maggie out, I made a kitty jumper for her using McCall’s 4006 from this plaid fabric in my stash.  (The pink was left over from the Doctor Who skirt)   





These cat faces are so cute with their button eyes,  embroidered features and rick rack whiskers.   I used dyed shell buttons for the eyes and sewed them on backward so they would have a mottled effect.
Detail of horses and kittiies
 
Maggie models the kitty pocketed jumper
Maggie liked this jumper enough that she chose to wear it for her second day of school this year.  


Lily's horsey jumper

No comments :

Post a Comment