Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 2, 98 days to go: Polymer Clay Earrings




I thought it would be fun to make earrings with the Clover Market logo to wear when I volunteer at the booth.  




The brief shining moment.

For a brief shining moment, I did have this pair, but one broke.  I made another and then it broke. That tendril is tricky and delicate. But it was actually one of the clover leaves that cracked off first.  (Theoretically, repair is possible with Krazy Glue, but that was not my experience.) So I will make another one before the next market in April. 

 
Good thing I have plenty to make replacements with.


This was the first time I have experimented with polymer clay. These earrings took much longer to make than I had imagined.  Getting the feel for the material, as well as mixing the right shade of green took time, ingenuity and a surprising number of colors



 
Felicity monitors the situation and keeps warm.


Most importantly, I was reminded that cats are born hall monitors and heat seeking missiles.   Felicity felt it was her duty to monitor my activities, although I think this was just an excuse to get close to the warm toaster oven. 







Fergus took the next shift. 

No comments :

Post a Comment