Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 4, 96 to go: Peace Sign PJ Bottoms


Last autumn, I sent care packages to my nieces at college.  I made them chocolate chip cookies and pajama bottoms.  I put the cookies in cute tins and told them they can return the tins to me and I will refill them, but they have not done so.  Oh well.  There are plenty of people who would have gotten the tin right back to me… College kids are just so busy, I guess.
 
One of my nieces told me that when her friend Carleigh heard about the care packages, she was jealous because her aunt never makes her pajamas.  I cut these out last fall, but never managed to stitch them up.  So today’s creation is pajamas for Carleigh.  Hopefully they will fit. All I know is that she is “tiny.”  I figured groovy peace signs should work for most college girls.

I have another pair of pjs already cut out for one of my nephews, so that will probably be next.  I have to find out how much he has grown since I cut them out.  They may go to his younger brother at this point. 


I am still trying to figure out how I can have so many started, but not finished projects around here. Hopefully this 100 days will let me drive down that pile. I think this may be pajama week here.   I really have a lot of flannel picked out for friends and family… It takes up a lot of room…

Oh, and then there is the nightshirt I made for a friend.  I got a new sewing machine and haven’t tried to figure out how it makes buttonholes.  Tomorrow I must learn the buttonhole feature.  That’s all that stands between me and finishing that nightshirt…  What are these psychological roadblocks that keep me from finishing, I wonder?

No comments :

Post a Comment